Liam and the team at Cambridge Sashcraft did a fantastic job for us from start to finish. They gave us wise advice about how best to repair and replace our windows, and then carried out the work professionally and efficiently. The team were always courteous and sensitive to the fact that we were still living in the house throughout the project. They were also on hand to give us wider building consultancy, and their pricing was fair and straightforward.
— R Sewell
This property included a number of sliding sash and casement windows and French doors that were in need of attention. The brief from the owners was to repair and decorate all the external joinery at their property and overhaul all the windows. We provided new sashes and renovated and upgraded other windows as requested. The window works required scaffolding and so necessary pointing, guttering and chimney works were undertaken at the same time.
- We provided double-glazed replacement hardwood sashes for the casement windows, housing a conservation-approved double-glazed unit with an impressive U-value of just 1.2 wk
- We upgraded the existing sashes for the sliding-sash windows: the boxes were repaired and sections replaced where necessary, a memory-foam seal was routed into the perimeter of the sashes and across the mid rail for draught- and noise-proofing
- The defective stained glass was repaired
- The front door and rear French doors were upgraded with draught-proofing, full decoration and stained glass repair
- We carried out a repair and decoration programme to all external joinery
- We decorated all the windows, which we fitted with polished chrome furniture to complete the upgrade